Looking for this title on eBook?
by Norman J. Hyne, Ph.D.
Designed for easy reading and accessibility, this bestselling book by Norman Hyne provides an enormous amount of useful information on the upstream petroleum industry.
The new updated 3rd Edition includes a new chapter on unconventional oil and gas (including gas shales), covers new well-logging tools and new drilling rigs, and adds a number of new figures and plates.
Thousands of professionals and students have used this upstream guide to further their understanding of petroleum geology, exploration, drilling, and production.
- The nature of gas and oil
- The Earth's crust -- where we find it
- Identification of common rocks and minerals
- Geological time
- Deformation of sedimentary rocks
- Ocean environment and plate tectonics
- Sedimentary rock distribution
- Source rocks, generation, migration, and accumulation of petroleum
- Reservoir rocks
- Petroleum traps
- Petroleum exploration -- geological and geochemical
- Petroleum exploration -- geophysical
- Drilling preliminaries
- Drilling a well -- the mechanics
- Drilling problems
- Drilling techniques
- Testing a well
- Completing a well
- Surface treatment and storage
- Reservoir mechanics
- Petroleum production
- Improved oil recovery
- Unconventional oil and gas
724 Pages/Hardcover/6x9/March 2012