Hover over main image to zoom
Bundle & SAVE!
Fundamentals of Oil & Gas Accounting, 5e
Financing Energy Projects in Developing Countries
by Charlotte J. Wright and Rebecca A. Gallun
An excellent training manual and professional reference, Fundamentals of Oil & Gas Accounting, 5th Edition, is packed with examples, diagrams, and appendices. The scope of this text is simply unmatched. The book has been completely updated to reflect the current issues facing oil and gas producers operating in both U.S. and international locations.
Inside you'll find:
• A new chapter on asset retirement obligations and asset impairment
• An added section on project analysis and investment decision making
• Updated coverage of asset exchanges and fair value reporting requirements
• Thorough discussion of oil and gas pricing and marketing arrangements
• Updated examples and homework problems
784 Pages/Hardcover/6x9/August 2008
by Hossein Razavi, Ph.D.
An update to his comprehensive text on project finance in emerging economies, Razavi's authoritative book provides first-hand information and analysis of how multilateral, bilateral, and commercial financiers decide to support an energy project. It presents the major changes in the attitudes and orientations of these financiers as they have entered a competitive environment seeking opportunities to do more business in the energy sector of developing countries.
For every good energy project, there is a financier somewhere. However, creating an attractive project package requires an explicit understanding of the following:
• Availability of soft loans, credits, grants, tied and untied loans
• Objectives, tendencies, and requirements of various financiers
• Possibilities of combining various financial instruments
• Methods of economic, financial, and risk analysis & mitigation
The reader is guided through the process of understanding the fundamentals of project financing, getting to know the financiers, and developing an acceptable project package. Finally, some real-world case studies demonstrate the intricacies of mobilizing funds for projects in various segments of the energy sector.
484 Pages/Hardcover/6x9/December 2007