|Thoroughly researched and written by recognized power industry journalists and edited by Power Engineering International magazine’s journalists, this information-rich annual publication draws on the expertise of PennWell’s international power editorial team to provide an accurate and consistently presented overview of more than 30 of the world’s key electricity markets.|
Serving as a reliable, quick reference tool for readers needing clear and up-to-date information about electricity production in key areas of socio-economic growth and development, the Global Power Review offers invaluable help to investors and equipment manufacturers attempting to find opportunities in today’s challenging economic climate.
Countries are presented on a region-by-region basis and selected on the basis of a number of parameters, including population size and growth rate, size of electricity market and economy, regional importance, status of deregulation and privatization and level of investment opportunity.
The publication contains 32 country snapshots ranged within regional sections covering the Americas, Asia-Pacific, Europe and the Middle East and Africa. Entries for all countries include:
- Up-to-date information on electricity market structure, deregulation and privatization
- Key players and planned changes
- Economic overview and future outlook
- Fuel resource overview, including reserves, production, consumption and import/export trends
- Trends and forecasts through key data such as generating capacity, consumption, and fuel mix
- Key energy policies and governmental objectives
- Highlighted investment opportunities, key ongoing infrastructure projects, major industry players and investors
In addition, readers will find a thought-provoking guest editorial by Dr. Christoph W. Frei, discussing the global energy challenges.
80 Pages/Softcover/March 2010