Despite its size and importance, a surprising lack of basic knowledge exists about the oil and gas industry.
With their timely new book, authors Andrew Inkpen and Michael H. Moffett have written a nontechnical book to help readers with technical backgrounds better understand the business of oil and gas. They describe and analyze the global oil and gas industry, focusing on its strategic, financial, and business aspects and addressing a wide range of topics organized around the oil and gas industry value chain, starting with exploration and ending with products sold to consumers.
The Global Oil & Gas Industry is a single source for anyone interested in how the business of the world’s largest industry actually works: business executives, students, government officials and regulators, professionals working in the industry, and the general public.
- The global oil and gas industry
- Nationalism, national oil companies, and the curse of oil
- Access, leasing, and exploration
- Developing oil and gas projects
- Production of oil and gas
- Fiscal regimes
- Financing and financial performance
- Natural gas
- Liquefied natural gas (LNG)
- The market for crude oil
- Sales and marketing of petroleum products
- The future of the global oil and gas industry
600 Pages/Hardcover/6x9/September 2011