by Robert S. Fleming, Ed.D.
Dr. Fleming's book—drawing from an array of business and administrative disciplines—provides a solid conceptual foundation for understanding, meeting, and exceeding the expectations of organizational stakeholders and preparing for professional, personal, and organizational success in fire administration. The book addresses the various course objectives and learning outcomes for both the Introduction to Fire and Emergency Services Administration course within the FESHE Associates Model Curriculum and the corresponding bachelors course, Fire and Emergency Services Administration.
Effective Fire & Emergency Services Administration will be an invaluable resource for students (both undergraduate and graduate), and current fire and EMS personnel of all ranks who are preparing for career advancement, including promotional examinations. It also will serve as a very useful reference for current fire and emergency service operational and administrative officers.
- The contemporary fire and emergency services organization: meeting and exceeding stakeholder expectations
- Preparing for success in fire and emergency services administration: roles, responsibilities and development opportunities
- The evolution of management and leadership: theory and practice
- The management functions: building blocks of managerial success
- Management versus leadership: enhancing personal and organizational effectiveness
- Communication: key to personal and organizational success
- Decision making and problem solving: enhancing effectiveness through information management
- Human resource management: motivating and empowering personnel
- Managing fire and emergency services resources: budgeting and resource management
- The venues of fire and emergency services administration: managing on and off the incident scene
- Contemporary issues in fire and emergency services administration: managing and leading with integrity
- The future of fire and emergency services administration: preparing yourself and your organization for survival and success
- Appendix A FESHE professional development model
- Appendix B FESHE correlation matrix
- Appendix C NFPA 1021 standard correlation matrix
- Appendix D Listing of relevant NFPA standards
- Appendix E Fire and emergency services organizations
360 Pages/Hardcover/7x10/April 2010