Author Steve Devereux has revised and rewritten his overview of onshore and offshore drilling operations and technology. The new second edition includes additional chapters that cover working in the drilling industry, working in remote locations, and advanced drilling techniques, and includes an additional section about managing costs.
382 Pages/Hardcover/6x9/February 2012!
- Drilling geology
- Oil and gas reservoir formation
- Drilling a land exploration well
- Planning and drilling a development well offshore
- Rig selection and equipment
- Drill bits
- Drilling fluids
- Directional and horizontal drilling
- Casing and cementing
- Well control
- Managing drilling operations
- Drilling problems and solutions
- Safety and environmental issues
- Getting work in the drilling industry